Thursday, July 31, 2014

Reacton to Google Camp

While I wish I had checked my calendar more carefully and gone to all three days of Google Camp at the high school, I'm glad that I got to go to two out of the three days that it was offered; I learned quite a bit more than I expected to.

Some of my take-aways from my time at Google Camp 2014:

  • There are so many add-ons that you can get from Google to put into your docs or sheets, some of the ones that I downloaded (directly from my Google Doc, it's all integrated) include: Easy Header and Footer, Easy Bib, Template gallery, Kaizena (this one might just get its own post), and these are just from Docs, I added eight more into my sheets add-ons.
  • There are so many ways to communicate with your students and parents using Google Apps for Education (think, calendar, gmail, Docs, etc.) that I've never even considered. 
  • I've used Google Forms this past year, but I had no idea just how much you can do with them.  Again, this could use its own post as they offered three levels of classes on Forms alone.
  • As you can tell, I now have a blog and a website for technology support that I got to make at camp...in a room full of educators and tech people, talk about a useful workshop.
  • Using Google Earth and Google Maps for taking students to far off places.  I used Google Earth before in science class, but I never thought to use Maps (unfortunately, because of using Chromebooks, our students can't use Google Earth unless we take them to a lab.)
As I said above, I'll be writing more posts specifically on each of the take-aways going into much more detail; until then, go ahead and explore some of features that I listed, it's not like you're going to break anything ;)
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment