As you might expect, with Google Sheets generally being a simplified version of Excel, the process of splitting text to columns is fairly simple.
- Right click on the column to the right of the column that contains the text you'd like to split.
- Choose the option Insert 1 left; you're going to need to do this for each additional word. Since I will end up with two separate words in this example, I only need to do this step once as I only need one extra cell.
- Highlight the cells that you want to split.
- Click the Data heading from the toolbar.
- Click Split text to columns. This will take the first name and place it into the second column that you just added.