- Open your web browser (I prefer Chrome) and sign in. Once you're signed in, it really doesn't matter what program you are in when you do this.
- In the upper right hand corner, click on the circle with your initial.
- Click on the circle within the pop-up box (notice that it says change).
- Click anywhere in the white box to choose a picture from your files.
- Once you've selected the photo that you want as your profile photo, click the blue Set as profile photo button.
Not only will this add the image to your email, it will also show up in any Google program like Google+, Blogger, YouTube, Google Drive, etc.