Friday, December 4, 2015

A Very Belated Welcome Back to the New School Year.

Now that we're back and have had a chance to experience some of  the new technological initiatives that our district is starting this year (Chromebooks at the high school, Illuminate, Reflect, Atlas Rubicon, go big, or go home, right?) I've decided that its time that I resumed my posts here on the Instructional Technology Blog.  I'm going to start posting tips and tricks, throughout the month, to help people become more comfortable with the technology that we have available.

The first set of tricks that I'm going to share are meant to help you save time and use the mouse less.  Using the Tab button along with either Ctrl or Alt button allows you to quickly switch between open tabs, or windows respectively.

If you hold down the Ctrl button and hit Tab once, it moves you to the next open tab.  Each time you hit Tab while holding Ctrl,  it moves you to the next tab, the next tab, etc.  I find it easiest to hold the Ctrl button with my thumb and use my middle finger to hit Tab when I'm doing this.






The next trick is one that I find even more useful.  Instead of holding the Ctrl button, if you hold the Alt button and then hit Tab, it moves you from one open window to the next allowing you to move to any open window without touching your mouse.  Again, every time you hit Tab, it goes in order from left to right, one for each push of the Tab button.  If you want to quickly move through the open windows, hold both buttons and it will fly through your choices.





Well, there you have it, my first of many technology tips. If there is anything that you'd like me to cover, please add a comment and I'll add that to a future blog post.
Show Comments: OR

No comments:

Post a Comment